Responding to America’s Mental Health CRISIS
by Stimulating Interest in Mental Health CAREERS
The Greatest CAREER is an autobiographical, inspirational, and informative program created for:
• High School students who are considering career paths in the mental health field,
• College students exploring Graduate School and Medical School programs,
• Masters students pursuing a career in the mental health field, and
• Doctoral candidates who are actively pursuing degrees in
clinical social work, psychology, and psychiatry.
Attendees will learn about the mental health field, and the countless opportunities for a meaningful, fulfilling, and lasting career.
• The United States spends more to treat mental disorders than any other disease or medical condition.
• Anxiety Disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States,
• Depression is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide, and
• Suicide is the leading cause of injury death of Americans, surpassing automobile accidents.